Tuesday 16 April 2013

The beginning ...

So, this is my first time to write something live online but having had a few friends saying that I should write a blog, I thought I'd give it a go.

A little about me - I have two children under 3 and I am convinced a good routine will get your children sleeping through the night and sleeping good naps in the day.  I wanted to offer advice to people with new babies just to help build their confidence with what they're doing.

If this interests you, or you want to know more, please post any questions you have.

But my first piece of advice for today is - DON'T WORRY!  However exhaused you are, or however run down you are, IT WILL GET BETTER.  I absolutely promise that.

Please don't drive yourself mad with when to start a routine or when to put babies down for sleeps - it will sort itself out and it's more about you and when you're ready to do it.  If you're worrying about it and obsessing over it (as I did with my first), you're just not ready yet.  After all, routines are more about you and knowing what you're doing rather than the baby - the baby will catch up with you whatever you end up doing ...

I thought I needed to start a routine at day 1.  Then I panicked I should have done it by week 3.  Then I was worrying at week 5 we still weren't in a strict routine.  But in hindsight we were getting into a routine.  And even with my second baby the worries are still there.

The most irritating thing someone can say to me now is how luck I am that my babies are so good ... IT'S TAKEN A LOT OF HARD WORK (on both sides) to get here ... and we still have our moments, don't get me wrong.  But both children are happy, well rounded and brilliant at playing - a sign that they sleep well and are contented.

Anyway, I feel as though that is enough from me today.  I shall start tomorrow on a few more back to basics ...

No comments:

Post a Comment